Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rainy Days

I thought the end of March was an ideal time to adopt a dog. It is not freezing out anymore, we are spoiled with days that reach 70 degrees, and there is usually no snow storms. Since we brought Fergus into our lives (on a picturesque Saturday in March)it has rained on average twice a week. The first time it rained I took Fergus on a 15 minute run around the neighborhood. Each time after I have either not taken him for a walk or allowed myself to get soaking wet while we went on our usual 30 minute journey. The most difficult part about a rainy day is remembering to have a towel ready to dry off the dog when you reach home. Yesterday I forgot. When we entered the house Fergus wanted to head straight for the hardwood floors. I stopped him by standing in the doorway, but he was persistent...I forced him to lay down on the kitchen floor with a couple treats to prevent the hardwood floors from becoming saturated. Today I will have to remember a towel.
One of my favorite things to do on a rainy day is to curl up under a warm blanket, which is exactly what I did after my cold, wet walk with Fergus. No sooner had I tucked the blanket in all around me that Fergus had his head in my lap wanting attention, needing attention. He must have wanted to curl up under the blanket too! Although I did not let him under the blanket I did give in and pet him until he thumped onto the floor into a peaceful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment